Monday, September 7, 2015

In the year 2005, an MBA I became

Credits: Borneo Post cuttings, May 11,2006.
ln the year 2005, an MBA I became. This feat was achieved in the toughest of conditions.  I have put myself to a  challenge of a lifetime. I decided it's about time to return back to campus life after I left it about thirty years ago.  That decision was made in 2003 when I enrolled myself in a postgraduate course at the Curtin  School of Business. The Campus was located in Lutong, a three hours journey by road from Bintulu. I took the course on part-time basis. That meant lots of sacrifices in terms on my business and family life, time and money.About two decades ago I dreamt of having an MBA, but my workload at the BDA, a statutory body for spearheading the development of Bintulu, was too heavy and my boss would not allow me to do further studies then.  I completed the course within time like other younger students, though I was the oldest in the class.  Lectures and tutorials were held on weekends, Friday - Sunday which meant that I had to rush to Miri in order to sit for the evening class in time. After the Sunday class I would drive back to Bintulu arriving  home before midnight.  This routine was for about two years.  I completed the  course on 5th April, 2005 and was conferred the MBA award by the University Council on the 30th September,2005.
If you put your heart and soul in whatever you want to achieve half of the battle is won.  The rest is just hard work.
Yes, I did it!

Happy Malaysia Day, Sarawak.

(Note: This is the 7th  post on what it is meant to be a Malaysian as part of my writing contribution to Malaysia Day which will  to be celebrated on the 16th of September.)
This letter says it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment